收起左侧

[英文] 《All the Things You Are》作者: - Mike Resnick【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-3-27 21:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
All the Things You Are Written by Mike Resnick Illustrated by Pamelina H. You wouldnt think theyd be so dumb. Here they were in the biggest spaceport in the countrywith hundreds of holo cameras covering every inch of the place and these three jerks actuallythink theyre going to get away with robbing the currency exchange. Okay so they got a couple of ceramic pistols past our security devices and reassembled them inthe mens room and all right another one managed to sneak a couple of steak knives out of oneof the restaurants but hell did they think we were just going to sit on our hands and letthem waltz out with their loot I hadnt seen much action during my four years in the space service and after all those monthsof intensive training Id almost been hoping for something like this. Id been at OceanPort forthree weeks and was wondering why they even bothered with a live Security team since theirautomated systems were so efficient that they discouraged anything worse than spitting on thefloor. Well now I knew. The men with the pistols were holding the crowd at bay and the guy with the knife had grabbeda girl—not a woman but a kid about twelve years old—and was holding the knife at her throat. quotDont move on themquot said the voice in my ear. quotWeve got to get the girl away from themunharmed and we cant have them shooting into the crowd.quot That was Captain Symmes. He was just spouting the routine and stating the platitudes: theyvebeen identified we can trace them wherever they go theyre dead men walking so dontendanger any bystanders. If we dont nail them here well nail them somewhere up the road.They have to eat they have to sleep we dont. Whatever they think theyre going to escape inwell sugar their gas rupture their jets fuck with their nuclear pile. I kept waiting forhim to say wed also put tacks in their track shoes but he didnt. quotShow yourselves but dont approach himquot said Symmes voice. quotIf theyre going to take a shotat someone better us than the civilians.quot Well it was better us if we remembered to put on our bulletproof longjohns. Most of us hadand the ones who hadnt were too frightened to say so. An enraged Captain Symmes could be onehell of a lot more formidable than a ceramic bullet from a homemade pistol. I stepped out from my station and found myself about fifty yards from the trio. The crowdparted before them like the Red Sea before Moses and they slowly made their way to the door.Then something caught my eye. It was a well-dressed middle-aged man not fat or skinny but notespecially well-built. While everyone else had moved away he had simply turned his back andtaken just a step or two. Damn I thought. Its too bad youre not one of us. You could justabout reach the son of a bitch with the knife. And even as the thought crossed my mind the man spun around chopped down on the knife-holders arm and sent the weapon clattering to the floor. The little girl broke and ran towardthe crowd but I was watching the man whod freed her. He didnt have any weapons and he suredidnt handle his body like an athlete but he was charging the two guys with the guns. They turned and fired their weapons. He went down on one knee his chest a bloody mess thenlaunched himself at the nearer ones legs. The poor bastard never had a chance he picked upfour more bullets for his trouble. Of course the bad guys never had a chance either. The second they concentrated on him
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-15 05:15 , Processed in 2.136791 second(s), 49 queries .