收起左侧

[英文] 《The Stillwell Degravitator 》作者:- Charles R. Tanner【EPUB】

关闭 [复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-10-27 11:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Stillwell Degravitator By Charles R. Tanner The quiet which usually reigns over the main hail of the big library was suddenly broken by a crash, and the sound of falling books. A girl’s scream followed immediately, and the scraping of chairs as startled readers leaped to their feet. I looked up from the article I had been reading, and was not surprised to find that my opinion of the cause of the accident was correct. At the upper end of the hail, leaning over a fallen rack of books, with a pained and apologetic look on his face, was my friend Professor Isaac N . Stillwell well. The professor’s huge bulk (he is six feet tall and weighs over two hundred and ninety pounds) seemed even larger than usual today. He wore a light gray topcoat, and light colors always enhance a person’s size; and this, combined with the fact that the little assistant librarian who stood looking woefully down at the fallen books was a small thin woman, made him seem almost globular. He had removed his bat, of course and the light from the skylight above, striking his immense bald head, made it shine like the proverbial billiard ball, and added immeasurably to the effect of ponderous dignity. And that huge form was stooping, or attempting to stoop, to remedy the damage done. I left my seat and hurried over to the scene of the accident, Though Stillwell is one of the most proper and dignified men I ever knew, there is about him a certain clumsiness that is cumulative, and when one accident occurs to him, it is better to che4 him at once or you will have half a dozen on your hands. So I hurried over and tapped him on the shoulder and after a nod of recognition, I motioned him to one side. I as-sisted the little librarian to pick up and stack the books, and then turned to my friend. He broke into whispered thanks, but I silenced him and then made my way back to the table where I had been sitting. Stillwell followed and
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-29 17:29 , Processed in 1.845199 second(s), 50 queries .